Fonds SCA303-GA339 - Architectural drawings for the Berlin Y.M.C.A.

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Architectural drawings for the Berlin Y.M.C.A.

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title from content of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

SCA303-GA339

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1895 (Creation)
    Creator
    Kitchener-Waterloo Young Men's Christian Association

Physical description area

Physical description

3 architectural drawings : pen on paper ; 38 x 24 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Kitchener-Waterloo Young Men's Christian Association was founded in 1895 in Berlin (now Kitchener), Ontario by a group of citizens "eager to promote the spiritual welfare of young men and boys of the city." The first officers were all prominent community members: President E.P. Clement, Vice-President Louis J. Breithaupt, Recording Secretary T.M. Turnbull, and Treasurer E.D. Lang. First known as the Berlin Young Men's Christian Association, the Association was active until 1906 when financial difficulties and limited facilities made it necessary to cease local operations. It was reconstituted in 1919 when a fund-raising campaign resulted in the building of the structure at the corner of Queen and Weber Streets in Kitchener. This building remained its headquarters until the Association moved to its present locations on Carwood Ave. in Kitchener.

Custodial history

Scope and content

File consists of three architectural drawings of the building of the Berlin [Kitchener] Y.M.C.A. at 22 Queen Street North. Includes a side elevation, main and upper floor plans, and details of the locker room.

Notes area

Physical condition

Extent is measured in linear metres of shelf space as occupied by the fonds.

Immediate source of acquisition

Unknown acquisition.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Accruals

General note

Unknown acquisition.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area