Title and statement of responsibility area
Building at Corner of King and Water St., ca. 1900.
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Kitchener-Waterloo Record
[ca. 1900s], 1947 (Creation)
Physical description area
2 photographs : b&w ; 13 x 18 cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
Photographs of a commercial building at the corner of King and Water taken decades apart. The first, from the 1900s, is a copy of a photo of the building when occuped The Berlin Granite & Marble Works. The second, taken in 1947, should the building occupied by TNT. Surplus Ltd.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Scanned as TIF files 2018.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photos appeared on Page 23 of the June 21, 1979 anniversary edition of the newspaper titled "Kitchener 125 Years".
Caption from published 1979 version of photos: "THE CORNER GREW - Back in the early 1900s, Casper Braun operated a granite and marble plant (top photo) [GA92-9-28_001] at the corner of King and Water Streets. By 1947 (below) [GA92-9-28_002] the site housed several merchants including the TNT store. In 1964, Canada Trust opened this modern 12-storey building (right) [not included in file]."