Title and statement of responsibility area
Waterloo College and Associate Faculties jacket.
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title from content of the collection.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- University of Waterloo
Physical description area
1 jacket : cotton twill ; 67 x 148 cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
A white jacket from the Waterloo College and Associate Faculties (also referred to as the Associate Faculties) purchased and worn by Robert Judd, an undergraduate student, in 1958. The front left-side of the jacket features a design printed in blue that includes the school name, “Waterloo College,” the Waterloo College coat of arms, and the Waterloo College motto “Veritas omnia vincit.” The back of the jacket features the word “Engineering” printed in blue lettering across the centre.
Robert Judd arrived on campus in September 1957 and joined the second cohort of students in the newly established Associate Faculties. Judd began classes in October 1957 and adhered to a 40-hour weekly classroom schedule. Classes were held in temporary portables located in the Waterloo College parking lot. Robert Judd likely purchased the jacket in the spring of 1958 and wore it until a new grey school jacket became available around 1960. He kept this jacket for many years as an alumnus and recently celebrated his sixtieth-year anniversary in 2023.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Robert Judd in 2023.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Waterloo College and Associate Faculties (also referred to as the Associate Faculties) was a non-denominational Faculty of Science affiliated with Waterloo College (now Wilfrid Laurier University) that became a legal entity with a Board of Governors on April 4, 1956. In 1959, the Associate Faculties formally separated from Waterloo College and was re-established as the University of Waterloo with the passage of the University of Waterloo Act in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Described by NM in 2023.
Language of description