Title and statement of responsibility area
R.A. Haney collection of legal instruments.
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title from contents of collection
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Haney, R.A.
Physical description area
1 oversize folder
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
Collection consists of six British legal instruments, on vellum used by R.A. Haney when teaching law courses. Includes:
- 1. Richard Knight and Elizabeth Collyer to John Hilde, assignment of lease of land, July 20, 1738;
- 2. John Ball and Elizabeth Ball to John Hyde, partitioning of land, Dec. 23, 1754;
- John Ball and wife to John Hyde, assignment of land, Mar 14, 1757;
- George Elwes and John Elwes to Mr. George Lockett, reassignment of land, Apr 28, 1801;
- Benjamin Wall and Joseph Malden, lease, May 31, 1852;
- George Lockett to George Winter, reassignment of land, July 3, 1862 and George Winter to John Wright reassignment of land and John Wright to John Hyde reassignment of land.
Good condition, vellum is clean and not brittle.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by R.A. Haney in 1999
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Note that the legal instruments do not make up a part of the history of the law firm, and were only used to teach.
Map cabinet drawer 17.
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Described by Jessica Blackwell, winter 2014.