Print preview Close

Showing 1563 results

Archival description
Kitchener-Waterloo Record North America File
Print preview View:

Demolition of Buildings on Hall's Lane, Kitchener, April, 1958, to make way for Parking Lot.

Print photographs, with typed captions on verso, taken by the Kitchener-Waterloo Record of building demolition along Hall's Lane. File also includes April 5, 1958 newspaper clipping of published version of one of the photos [GA92-9-26_002].

Caption on verso of GA92-9-26_001 reads: "KITCHENER - Demolitions (April 3, 1958). Old home vanishes from Hall's Lane, together with three-story building used for some years by William Knell and Company. Purchased for city parking lot. (Walper Hotel in right background.)

Caption on verso of GA92-9-26_002: "KITCHENER - Demolitions. Two old buildings on Hall's lane east just off Queen street south are being demolished to make way for new Parking Authority car lot."

Caption on verso of GA92-9-26_003: "KITCHENER - Demolitions. April 5, 1958. Hall's Lane."

Kitchener-Waterloo Record

Clippings.

Two clippings from 1957 about the removal of the J.M. Schneider stock farm farm on Bridgeport Road, Waterloo, Ont., formerly the Seagram Stables: "Famous Waterloo farm is rapidly disappearing as homes rise," Kitchener-Waterloo Record, May 8, 1957, ill. Includes an undated clipping of a photograph with caption: "To remove stock farm."

Schneider family

Results 601 to 700 of 1563