Title and statement of responsibility area
Eugene Ferrin Clark fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title from content of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1894-1922, predominantly 1920-1922 (Creation)
- Clark, Eugene Ferrin
Physical description area
1.5 cm of textual records.
6 photographs : b&w
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Eugene Ferrin Clark was born March 19, 1899 in New London, Connecticut to parents Daniel Edgar (1868-1942) and Grace "Gracey" Emilie (nee Crocker) (1872-1938). He enrolled as a member of the U.S. Army in New Haven on September 12, 1918 at which time his draft registration card listed him as an employee of English & Mersick Co.' Radiator Department. Clark married Luella Chase Mosher, sometime after 1930, and died August 24, 1973 in Tranverse City, Michigan.
Scope and content
Fonds contains autographs collected by Eugene Ferrin Clark from various British and American actors. Correspondence from Clark to various people soliciting autographs and autographed photographs are included.
1. Granville Barker also G. Barker’s autograph
2. John Randolph Bolling; November 23, 1921
3. Witter Bynner, New York; December 12, 1921/December 21, 1921
4. W. L. George, New York; October 22, 1920
5. B. Roland Lewis, University of Utah; December 14, 1919/December 19, 1919
6. Joseph Pennell, London/Philadelphia; June 8, 1913/November 16, 1919
7. G. Rollin, Chicago; May 10, 1919
Autographs collected by Clark:
8. George Arlis, Walter Hampden, Victor Herbert, William Hodge, James Hunellar, Oliver Lodge, Nance O’Neil, Eugene O’Neill, A.C. Read, Chauncey Brewster Tinker
9. Floral Tributes on Grave of Actor James O’Neill, 1920 and photographs with autograph signatures of:
- Nazimova, n.d.;
- Henry Irving dated 1894;
- Anton Lang as Jesus dated 1922;
- Anton Lang dated 1922;
- Guido Moyr dated 1922.
Immediate source of acquisition
Received as part of the Verbeke collection which was purchased in 1969.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
A letter with the return address “Mason Laboratory, Sheffield Scientific School, Yale University, New Haven Conn” suggests Clark may have worked or taught at Yale University.
Standard number area
Name access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Revised by PH in September 2018.
Reviewed by DR November 2018.