Title and statement of responsibility area
E.B. Dunke: property in Tisdale, Saskatchewan.
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Dunke, Edwin B.
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
This fonds contains records relating to Edwin B. Dunke of Kitchener, Ont., the Benton St. Baptist Church, the German Baptist Church of Berlin and the Dunke & Co. grocery store. Other than what is evident from the documents, there is no biographical information available.
E.B. Dunke served as treasurer, ca. 1920, of the German Baptist Church of Berlin, also called the Benton St. Baptist Church, located there since 1852. "In 1890 English-speaking Baptists were invited to conduct their services on alternate Sunday evenings and in March, 1918 the German services were discontinued. Two years later the church separated from the Eastern Conference of German Baptist churches to unite with the Ontario and Quebec conference and in the early 1930's declared itself an independent Baptist church. In 1953 it became part of the Fellowship of Evangelical churches in Canada." (Waterloo Historical Society 52 (1964): 82-83)
Scope and content
Loose papers relating to a piece of property referred to as NE21-45-14 W2nd in Tisdale, Sask., consisting of assessment notices to E.B. Dunke and correspondence relating to inspection and sale of same.