Title and statement of responsibility area
Correspondence to and from Beulah and Ross Alloway, Mr. and Mrs. H.A. Misener and others.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Alloway, Beulah Misener
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Beulah Misener was a missionary to Kenya. She married the Rev. Ross Alloway in Oshawa, Ont. on June 11, 1949. In 1954 the couple left for Africa to serve as missionaries to the Kipsigis tribe for the Africa Inland Mission. They served first at Litein Station in Western Kenya, 20 miles from Kericho, moving in 1958 30 miles to Sitotwet. Two of their three children were born in Africa. On Feb. 8th, 1960, two weeks before her intended return to Canada, Beulah Alloway died of what is described in the fonds as "cerebral malaria".
Scope and content
8 pieces of correspondence:
- Date and Place from: 1956 Eldama Ravine, Kenya To Misener, H.A., Mr. and Mrs. From Barnett, Erik, Mr. and Mrs. Notes: 2 letters.
- Date and Place from: 1957-58 Kericho, Kenya To Misener, Millie and Orden From Alloway, Beulah Misener Notes: 2 letters.
- Date and Place from: 1960.02.04 Kericho, Kenya To Woods, Miss From Alloway, Beulah Misener
- Date and Place from: 1960.02.08 Nairobi, Kenya To Misener, H.A., Mr. and Mrs. From Reynolds, R.V., Mrs.
- Date and Place from: 1960.02.14 Nyakach, via Kisumu, Kenya To Misener, H.A., Mr. and Mrs. From Downings, K.L.
- Date and Place from: 1960 April 17 Brantford Ontario To Friends From Misener, Harley and May