Title and statement of responsibility area
Boehmer family fonds.
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title from content of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1892, 1900-1937 (Creation)
- Boehmer Family
Physical description area
45 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
R. Boehmer & Co. was a fuel business in Berlin (now Kitchener, Ontario) founded by Reinhardt Boehmer, who originally began selling limestone to the building trades in 1875 and later sold coal, wood, and other fuels and equipment. The Boehmer family remained in ownership of the company until 1965. In 1973 the business was sold to the St. Lawrence Cement Co. (Source: Clarke, Mavis M. "Kitchener's century firms honored," Waterloo Historical Society 75 (1988): 35-46.)
Scope and content
The fonds consists of two volumes, one a letter book R. Boehmer & Co., 1900-1908, and the other the minute book of the Kitchener, Waterloo and Bridgeport Coal Dealers Association, 1919-1936. E.S. Boehmer was secretary of the Association and H. Boehmer was a member. Also included is a small amount of ephemera.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated in 1990 by the Boehmer family, via Dr. K. McLaughlin.