Part of Electrohome fonds.
Series consists of company newsletters and bulletins, produced and distributed for internal communications and publicity purposes.
The employee newsletter Sparks and Chips was begun by Carl A. Pollock to foster inter-employee relationships and management-employee relations. The first issue was published on December 18, 1942, with Pollock as the first editor. It ran until ca. 1977. In 1980, a new company newsletter, Electrohome Update, was introduced to provide employees news on company people, products, and policies. In 1990, this newsletter was merged with Electrohome World, which contained news of the corporation's marketing activities for the dealer/distributor network in North America and abroad; the new Electrohome World was published for employees and dealer/distributors. Sparks and Chips: the next generation was introduced in 1994 as an informal newsletter for reporting plant activities, news, and ideas.
Several other internal newsletters and bulletins were published over the history of Electrohome.
Publications in the series include:
- Sparks and Chips (employee/company newsletter), 1943-1977, 1994-1997
- Super-News (supervisor's newsletter), 1946-1962
- Electrohome World/E World (dealer/distributor newsletter), 1963-1964, 1968-1974, 1983-1989
- E Dealer News (US dealers), 1967-1968
- AV E News (US commercial distributors), 1973
- E Service Now (Electrohome Service newsletter), 1974
- Cambridge Capers (Plant 10 newsletter), 1975-1977
- Electrohome Update (company newsletter), 1980-1989
- AABEXpress (AABEX newsletter), 1983
- Electrohome International (international marketing bulletin for distributors), 1985-1987
- Motor Mania (Plant 10 newsletter), 1985
- CAPsule (CAP Communications newsletter), 1985
- Electrohome Display Systems (Display Systems newsletter), 1986
- Electrohome World/E World (company newsletter), 1990-1992
Series may not include a complete run of any one publication, and some issues may be missing.