Photo of a postcard depicting members of the Waterloo Fire Department with horse-drawn vehicles in front of fire station. John Simpson seated on fire wagon on left. The first automotive pumper fire truck was acquired on June 11, 1927. The fire hall was demolished in 1967.
Photo shows interior of Strum Brother's Tobacco and Barber, with five men, a spittoon, a stuffed raccoon, and a moose head. John Simpson is on the far right in his firefighter uniform. As well, a print of Seagram's King's Plate winners is visible in the top right corner. John Simpson is listed as a member of the Waterloo Fire Department in the 1913 Vernon Directory, but does not appear in the 1927 directory. Strum Brothers Tobacco and Barber shop located on King Street just south of the railway tracks in 1913 Vernon Directory.