Part of Judy Godfrey fonds.
File consists of correspondence from politicians in response to letters and petitions from the Muskoka Acid Rain Petition Committee. Letters are addressed to the committee, Ruth Miller, or Judy Godfrey. Includes letters from:
- Ontario Premier William Davis, Ontario Minister of Natural Resources (James A.C. Auld),
- Ontario Provincial Secretary for Resources Development (Rene Brunelle),
- Ontario Minister of Energy (Robert Welch),
- Ontario Minister of the Environment (Harry Parrott),
- Parry Sound-Muskoka MP Stan Darling, Office of the Prime Minister,
- Minister of Environment Canada (John Fraser),
- Minister of National Health and Welfare (Monique Begin) and the
- Office of the Leader of the NDP (Canada and Ontario).
File also includes copies of speeches by Harry Parrott and John Fraser, news releases from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and the Ontario NDP, a copy of a House of Commons debate on acid rain, a copy of a draft order to Inco Limited from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, and other photocopied documents.