Fritsch Pharmacy

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Fritsch Pharmacy

Parallel form(s) of name

  • Beger and Schaefer
  • Fritsch Fragrances

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1920-

History

Fritsch Pharmacy began in 1920 as Beger and Schaefer at 191 King Street West in Kitchener. By 1926 the business was operated solely by Gordon Schaefer and in 1929 was taken over by E.G. Fahrner. Fahrner came from London, Ontario where he worked as a druggist at the corner of Ridout and Dundas. From 1929 until 1958 Fahrner and his wife operated the store, at times also housing his wife's hair dressing business. In 1960 after Fahrner's passing the store was taken over by Michael Fritsch who had been working there since 1942, originally as a delivery boy. In 1988 Fritsch closed the dispensary and converted the store to selling perfumes, opening Fritsch Fragrances. Over the years the numbering system of King Street has change numerous times, but the store currently stands at 201 King Street West.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created February 2019.

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places