Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Pan Politae began as a Hi-Y club organized by twenty-five students at Kitchener Collegiate Institute, Kitchener, Ontario in 1937. Its purpose was to work with the Kitchener-Waterloo Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) in organizing boys' groups, to help with repairs and renovations at camps run by the YMCA, and to provide fellowship for their group with social and sports facilities of the YMCA. From 1941 to 1945, the club suspended activities until 1945 when it was re-organized as a Y's Men's club. For the next 28 years, Pan Politae supported many YMCA programs through fundraising and service. The 1970's saw an increase in YMCA membership and diversity of programming, while Y's Men's membership declined. In 1973, Pan Politae ceased operating as an active Men's Club.