Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Kitchener-Waterloo Council of Friendship
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- K-W Council of Friendship
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Kitchener-Waterloo Council of Friendship was formed as a separate group in 1943. Its beginnings were in the International Club of the Kitchener-Waterloo YWCA headed by Mrs. W.P. Clement. Its membership was made up of Canadians, other national groups, community groups, service clubs, and women's organizations. Mrs. F. J. Maines was part of the Executive Committee.
The Council offered language classes, a scholarship fund, special events, and other activities.