Showing 4 resultsArchival description
Part of H.B.N. Hynes fonds.
Fonds consists of material relating to the career of H.N.B.Hynes, from his work as a student at the Univeristy of London in the late 1930s through his time as a professor of biology at the University of Waterloo until his retirement in the 1980s. Includes material relating to his work on stonefiles in the British Isles, his work for the British government in Trinidad and East Africa, his time at the University of Liverpool including work on river pollution, and his career at the University of Waterloo, including his sabbaticals in Australia.
Fonds includes notebooks containing field notes, ms. and ts. notes, publications authored by Hynes and by others, reports, correspondence, maps, and photographs.
Part of John D. Detwiler fonds.
Fonds consists of material relating to biology, zoology and conservation interests and activities of Dr. John D. Detwiler from to 1919-1965. Includes documentation of Ontario fish hatchery investigations and brook trout feeding experiments. Includes correspondence, manuscripts and typescripts by himself and others, offprints and reprints, teaching materials, newspaper clippings and glass slides.
Arranged in 16 series:
- Correspondence to and from J.D. Detwiler;
- Associate Correspondence;
- Conservation and Scientific Organizations and Conferences;
- Published Papers by John Detwiler;
- Typescripts : Speeches, Article Drafts and Notes
- Teaching and Miscellaneous Notes
- Fish Hatchery Investigations
- Manuscripts, Typescripts : Works on Conservation by Others;
- Class Work Prepared by Dr. Detwiler's Students
- Educational Materials;
- Subject Files;
- Offprints and Reprints;
- Slides and Glass Plates
Detwiler, John D.