Fonds contains materials collected by and sent to Kay Rex for the purpose of writing a history of the Canadian Women's Press Club, as well as records of the Toronto Branch given into her keeping when the Club ceased operation. These were intended for eventual deposit at the University of Waterloo to join the book collection of the C.W.P.C. which was donated to the Doris Lewis Rare Book Room in 1977.
The fonds consists of records documenting Toronto Branch operation during the period of the 1960's to 1980's, including constitution and by-laws, correspondence 1965-1991, minutes of regular and executive meetings, 1968-1989, a file on the closing of the Club's premises at 44 York St., Toronto, and scrapbooks of club activities and personalities. Historical materials include textual records, photographs, publications and scrapbooks. The earliest scrapbook is dated 1921 and contains biographies and photographs of members. Trips taken by C.W.P.C members in 1950 and 1955 to the United Kingdom, Europe and Russia are documented through members' files, photographs, and scrapbooks.