- [before 1890]
Part of Schantz Russell family fonds.
Two business cards of Orpheus Moyer Schantz from when he was employed by Carson, Pirie & Company (now Carson, Pirie, Scott & Company). One card is professionally printed and shows the company's office, the other has been hand lettered on a small piece of painted canvas. In 1890 the company became Carson, Pirie & Scott, and in 1904 they moved to the landmark Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building. Now called Carson's, the company continues to be an important Chicago business.
Schantz Russell Family