Showing 4 results

Archival description
Women's Press Club of Toronto fonds Academic disciplines English
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Women's Press Club of Toronto fonds

Fonds contains materials collected by and sent to Kay Rex for the purpose of writing a history of the Canadian Women's Press Club, as well as records of the Toronto Branch given into her keeping when the Club ceased operation. These were intended for eventual deposit at the University of Waterloo to join the book collection of the C.W.P.C. which was donated to the Doris Lewis Rare Book Room in 1977.

The fonds consists of records documenting Toronto Branch operation during the period of the 1960's to 1980's, including constitution and by-laws, correspondence 1965-1991, minutes of regular and executive meetings, 1968-1989, a file on the closing of the Club's premises at 44 York St., Toronto, and scrapbooks of club activities and personalities. Historical materials include textual records, photographs, publications and scrapbooks. The earliest scrapbook is dated 1921 and contains biographies and photographs of members. Trips taken by C.W.P.C members in 1950 and 1955 to the United Kingdom, Europe and Russia are documented through members' files, photographs, and scrapbooks.

Women's Press Club of Toronto

Women's Press Club of Toronto : 2017 accrual.

Fonds consists of materials created and accumulate by the Women's Press Club of Toronto for the years 1976-1981 that document their organizational operations and activities. Comprised of three binders kept by members of the executive committee which include business meeting minutes, executive meeting minutes, correspondence, newsletters, and more.

Women's Press Club of Toronto