Series consists of material relating to the development, organization, and operation of a company museum and archives. The museum was originally established in 1967 as a centennial project and part of the 60th anniversary celebration, in order to display products produced by Electrohome since 1907. John Koegler was the company historian and museum curator.
The museum as well as the company archives were given renewed attention in preparation for the company's 90th anniversary and the production of a corporate history book in 1997. At that time, William McGregor (former vice-president of Electrohome) was involved museum administration, and Nicola McLaughlin was hired to research company history and process and manage the archives.
Series includes material relating to the day-to-day operation of the museum and archives, the collection and processing of items, and the recording of historical information. Includes forms, correspondence, memoranda, press clippings, photocopies of historical advertisements and other documents, photographs and slides, ms. notes, meeting minutes, and other material.